Things to do during your villa vacation
Mas Talaya is the ideal vacation getaway in which to experience wonderful cultural and culinary adventures with proximity to such diverse attractions and activities as Roman & Greek ruins, medieval towns, Costa Brava beaches, ski resorts in France, vineyards, championship golf courses, diverse music festivals, fine dining and provincial eaterys, and shopping areas.
There are many great things to see and do within a short car trip such as......
- Empúries (20 minutes away). Spectalular views of Greco-Roman ruins.
- Sant Martí d'Empúries (20 minutes away). Medieval town on beach.
- L'Escala (20 minutes away).
- Sant Pere Pescador (30 minutes away). Good for windsurfing.
From 5-50 minutes away, you have a choice of several spectacular golf courses including:RestaurantsMust-See Attractions
Nearby Catalonian Towns
- Dali Museum (20 minutes away). A unique experience to view many of Dali's works in an atmosphere designed by the artist himself.www.salvador-dali.org
- Cathedral of Girona (20 minutes away). Visit the rare 11th century Tapestry of The Creation and a superb Romanesque Cloister with biblical scenes on the capitals. www.catedraldegirona.org
- Arab Baths (20 minutes away). 12th century Romanesque baths. www.banysarabs.org
- Museum of History (20 minutes away). One can trace the history of Girona from prehistoric times to the 20th century.www.girona.cat/museuciutat/eng/index.php
- Museum of Cinema (20 minutes away). This museum offers the history of the origins of cinema. www.museudelcinema.cat
- Toy Museum of Catalonia (20 minutes away). The Toy Museum has more than 4,000
pieces on exhibition. This is a favorite not only among children but
also adults. www.mjc.cat
Easy-Drive French Cities
- Barcelona (1 hour away). Barcelona is one of the world's leading tourist, economic and cultural-sports centres.
- Girona (20 minutes away). Girona is a large city full of history, culture, gastronomy & shopping.
- Besalú (25 minutes away). With its spectacular medieval bridge, Besalú was once home to an important Jewish community as the Jewish ritual bath (miqve) testifies.
- Pals and Peratallada (40 minutes away). These quaint medieval towns (and many more) are worth visiting.
- Sant Pere de Rodes (30 minutes away). Restored Benedictine 11th century monastery is an interesting architectural site with breathtaking views of the sea.
- Portbou (55 minutes away). Visit Dani Karavan's breathtaking monument to Walter Benjamin.
- Banyoles (20 minutes away). Outdoor activity around the lake - tennis, rent bikes, jog or stroll around the lake. Visit the plaça Major.
- Ceret (30 minutes away). Museum of Modern Art: works by Picasso, Matisse, Miró, Chagall, Soutine among others.
- Collioure (45 minutes away). Artist's colony on the coast; Museum of Modern Art; Royal Castle (13th-18th centuries).
- Perpignan (45 minutes away). Have lunch at the French bistro Café Vienne. Visit the Palace of the Kings of Mallorca.
in L'Escala (25 minutes away). For a variety of water activities, renting or classes: sailing,
windsurfing, waterskiing, wake boarding, scuba diving, and many more. www.funtastic-emporda.com
Summer Music Festivals